Thursday, April 30, 2009

New home and Miracles

Our new house: Oklahoma City Zoo

So the girls and I have bought a zoo pass, and so far its paid off! We have been to the zoo every day so far this week! *minus yesterday when it was flash flooding!* The nice thing about it, is that we can spend 2 hours and not see everything, go the next day and discover something new! Nevermind the fact that the zoo is a few blocks away from the house!

The girls do have their favorites. The sea lions and the gorillas. They sat alone with a baby orangutang today before anyone else came in, and the baby was playing with them. Hailey and Cassidy would be putting their hands on the glass and he would reach up and put his hands on theirs. It was cute! Too bad I didn't bring my camera today though! We discovered the bears today! I think there is only a few things that we haven't gone into and seen yet. Saturday we are planning a trip with Wyatt so that should be fun! We'll see how long we will last!

Miracles: Poop

Yes, poop is a miracle! For this reason: Cassidy and Hailey were in the tub and Cassidy kept saying, "Poop, potty!" Normaly she just says that and I stick her on the pot and she immediately says, "I'm done!" without doing anything. Not today. I sat her on the pot and she pooped! YAY! We made a huge deal of it, she was a little scared when Hailey was screaming how excited she was, but the best part was when Wyatt came in and she glowed! She even asked him for a high five! I don't know if this makes me want to start the potty training again, but it gives me hope!!

Another miracle, I didn't have to clean poop out of the tub! ;0) 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds AWESOME!!!!! I've seen a baby orangutan before and they are SOOOO cute!! How fun to get to play with it!

    And congrats on the poop! Nothing to get a mother's heart to go pitter-pat more than a little girl pooping on the potty! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved going to the zoo in Memphis - I took Danica and Myles all the time - we don't make it very much here - the drive to SLC I guess. I am glad you are having fun and making the most of OK. We can't wait to see you this summer. You are not a quitter with potty training - sometimes you just have to wait until the kid is ready. Hope you are doing well. Have a good day@!!! Love Megan

    ReplyDelete