1 c diced potato
1 c onion
1 c celery
1 c chopped carrot
1/3 c melted margarine
1/2 c flour
2 c chicken broth
1 c half and half
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 c cooked chicken-diced
2 pie crusts
Preheat oven to 400.
Saute onion, celery, carrots, potatoes in butter for 10 min.
Add flour to sauteed mix stirring well. Cook for 1 min stirring constantly. Combine chicken broth and half and half. Gradually stir into vegetable mixture. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
Stir in salt and pepper. Add chicken and stir well. Pour in shallow 2 quart dish and top with pie shells.
*I added peas because I love them. I added them when I added the chicken. It was AWESOME! Except that we are going to have pot pies for the rest of the week. I suggest you half the recipe.*

Insides
We each had our own pot pie. This is the one that we are going to have to eat the rest of the week. Along with some of the insides from the one above!
Ooooo!! Yum! I think I will add this to my menu list for this month.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to say bake it for 30-40 mins or until brown and bubbly! haha.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recipe!! I'm trying it tonight!
ReplyDeleteShari (Wyatt's cousin)