Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dipping

There is one thing that needs to be known. My family dips. Anything and everything. Especially Cassidy. Here she is dipping a cookie.

Cookies are a favorite to dip.









Cake is also a favorite!










I guess I should clear something up. We dont dip our cake. We put it in a bowl or cup and pour milk over it. I think its a Rasmussen tradition or something. It seems EVERY Rasmussen pours milk on their cake. I have to admit, Ive become addicted. Cake just isnt the same without cold milk poured over it.


Cassidy will dip whatever she is eating. And its not always in milk...The other night we had spaghetti and she dipped her breadstick into her kool-aid. I guess I shouldnt complain. She ate it! She dips her bread, her noodles, her chicken, seriously ANYTHING! She always eats it though.

Hailey on the other hand, rarely dips. She does her "normal" dipping things. Like the cookies and cake. She hasnt branched out like Cassidy though!

Hailey with her cookie.


Im not saying dippings a bad thing, Im just saying I wasnt used to it. I felt like an odd ball when I first married Wyatt and we had cake with his family. What a bunch of weirdos putting cake in a cup!! ;0) I must say, its very good.

Another thing Wyatt dips, that I hadn't done was dip toast in hot chocolate. That was weird to me. I had to try it, and now Im LOVING it!
Basically what this gets down to is when you get married, you might marry some really really, rediculously good looking person, that does really really, rediculously weird things, and you might end up liking it!

3 comments:

  1. I love grilled cheese sandwiches in chocolate milk. Mmmmmm mmmmm.

    I love your take-home message here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought the dipping was crazy as well, and I still don't pour milk over my cake but some of my kids do. I have tried it but it is just not my cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the pot pie recipe. I'll be trying it tomorrow. As for the weird things Wyatt does, you should have mentioned that dipping is just the tippiest tip of the iceburg.

    ReplyDelete