We had family home evening tonight and it was one that I had wanted to do for a while now. Mostly I have been wanting to talk to Wyatt about it, and since he's so busy, I figured that Family Home Evening would be the best place!!
Wyatt and I (ok, who am I kidding! Mostly me!) have a problem with consistency in punishment for the girls. So we sat down today and talked about what "rules" we need to have in the house. We came up with a fairly good list! Hailey had fun giving us the rules so we had some funny ones like, "Use a tissue and dont pick your nose!"
The best part about the whole thing was letting the girls and us decide on the consequences. Hailey was awesome about it. We would say, "Ok, what's going to happen if we hit?" She would say, " BED!" haha. So she got it down pretty good. Im excited to see how this goes down because I think its good that they helped make the decision on what happens when they can't follow the rules.
Here are the rules that we came up with and the consequences that follow if the rules are broken:
no screaming - sit in the corner for the amount of time as you are old.
no yelling - corner. Amount time/age
no hitting - corner. Amount time/age
no hair pulling - corner. Amount time/age
no lying - corner. Amount time/age
no pinching - corner. Amount time/age
no pouting - bed. Amount of time/ age X 2
no whining - bed. Amount time/age X 2
no throwing fits - bed. Amount time/age X 2
no biting - tobasco sauce. One drop
no spitting - tobasco sauce. One drop.
Most of these are for Cassidy. It was hard to get her to contribute to the lesson, but Im sure that if we stick to it then she will understand and remember. I need to remember that she is a smart girl and she does understand! The hardest part is to be consistent enough to get them to remember.
With the lying that Hailey has been doing, Wyatt and I had a talk with her and so far she hasn't lied. When I ask her if something is done, she will let me know honestly. She has also been taking the blame for what she has done. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment