Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day one...

didn't start out how I would have liked. Wyatt started working nights and I had some of the wives over last night and we played games, got caught up in the evening, turned around and it was 12:00. Yea. Haven't stayed up that late in a while. Finally got to bed at 12:30 when Wyatt got home. Girls woke up this morning just a few mins shy of 7:00. I serioulsy couldn't wake up. My eyes wouldn't open. Wyatt, being the wonderful awesome husband that he is, got up with the girls and put on a movie for them, and let me sleep until 8:30. 

What I wanted to happen today was get Cassidy on the toilet as soon as she woke up. She didn't get her undies on until about 9:30. It was a rough day, lots of accidents. Cassidy understands when she goes, but doesn't let me know until she is in the middle of the accident. I would take her to the toilet every hour, and she would sit there and act like shes doing something, but nothing would happen. Which is ok! She is still learning and getting to know it all. I could tell she was going to have something happen, but she wouldn't let it happen until she was off the toilet. I don't know if she is scared or what, but she wouldn't go on the toilet. I would sit for 15 mins with her reading stories, singing songs, trying to get her distracted enough to stay on the toilet and not be done. 

The day winded down and the girls got dinner, bathed, and ready for bed. I put them in bed at 7:30, (Cassidy still in undies. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to go all the way!) and at 8:30 they were still up and Hailey called me and wanted me to lay in bed with them. So I took Cassidy to the toilet and tried to get her to go potty on the toilet so I didn't have to clean the sheets or anything in the morning. *which still might happen* She started to make the face of, "I know I need to go potty, but I don't want to go on the toilet!" She was saying that she was done and wanted to get off, but I kept her on and...SHE WENT!!! Hailey and I made a HUGE deal about it! We cheered, hugged, clapped, screamed! It was awesome! Cassidy was soo excited! She gave the biggest hug ever! She was cheering along with us and having a great time! Im excited!

Today I felt like I should just go and get a diaper and forget about it all together, but then I thought, "Its day one. She doesn't know what to do yet, it's going to be at least a few more days before we can slow down on the accidents. Hopefully..." Then she went and I got a new hope and she was so excited! So far, day one has been a good one! Tomorrow might be another story...

1 comment:

  1. hahaha that's so awesome. i love that when you made a big deal about it she loved it and gave you a huge hug... that's so cute!

    ReplyDelete