Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Jack Lloyd Rasmussen

Saturday August 21st 2010 I arrived at the hospital at 9:00 am to get myself induced. After all the paperwork and hooking ups and what-nots I finally got petocin at 10:15. They kept giving me more and finally broke my water at 12:40 pm. Things were moving along and by 2:00 I was feeling like I wanted an epidural. So 2:15, with the epidural in place, I was feeling good! I could still feel the contractions, but it had taken the edge off of them. By 2:45 I was dilated to maybe an 8 and Dr. Swift arrived shortly after that. He was saying to the nurse, "Don't turn your back on her! This baby is ready." So we got situated and then I felt a contraction and Dr. Swift said to push at the next one that I felt, and then WHAM! there was my baby boy! Born at 3:05 pm, weighing 7 lbs 6oz, and is 20 inches long. I was kind of glad that I wasn't all the way numb from
the epidural because I have been wanting to know what it would be like without one. I am glad that I didn't feel much pain though!
I dont know if I would want to be induced again. The only reason being that I don't want to be in the hospital in labor for that long again. I would rather be at home and then when I get to the hospital be right ready to have the baby! I would do it again though just because Wyatt was more interested and ready when the time came. He actually watched the whole thing and cut the cord and took pictures. It was either because he was finally ready to see the baby, or it was just the fact that it was a boy!

Sorry about the order of the pics, I dont want to take the time to get it right!

Wyatt wanted to take Jack on his first horseback ride yesterday. He was 2 days old.


This is Jack in what he wore home.

Wyatt and his baby boy.

Jack looking a whole lot cuter the next day!
Big sisters!

Grandpa's hand compared to Jacks head.


Grandpa Jack and baby Jack

Grandma and Jack

Big sister Hailey
Cassidy looking for Jacks hand through the sleeve.

Excited big sister!

Wyatts thumb and Jacks foot.















8 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!! He is soooooo cute!!! Honestly, stop showing pictures--I want a baby boy!! (Talmage will have to do-- I'll just pretend he's not really two!!!!)

    And OH MY GOSH that is sooooooo AWESOME that Wyatt took him on a horseback ride. Sah---WEEEET!

    Congratulations soo much! I love how Cassidy is looking for his hand. I remember Jethro always loving Hazel's little baby fingers when she was a newborn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Your little family is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Congrats!!! He is so sweet - can hardly wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is adorable! I love the photos of the girls holding him! I am glad his delivery was easy and seemed to smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Linds! He's Beautiful!! finally a little boy for your girls to love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok yeah he's super cute. i was expecting alien style kiddo. but not a chance! this baby boy is adorable! congrats again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Congrats on #3! And what a perfect name! I love it - It was one that Trent considered if Alexa had been a boy.
    And totally a Rasmussen thing to do Wyatt! Trent did that with Blake - but he was 2 weeks old - not 2 days! :) Alexa has yet to go on a ride with her daddy.
    Congrats again and best of luck with 3!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to come see him!!! Glad the delivery went well.

    ReplyDelete