Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Embarrasing

So the other week Wyatt and I went to the temple to go through with his youngest sister. It was her first time going through the temple, so I thought I would make it a memorable experience for her. In fact, I will let my sis in law Andrea tell it her way. This is what she posted on her blog about it. I don't remember much about it, except that I was SOO hot and I only closed my eyes for a second! Here ya go!
In other news, remember when I mentioned above that Lindsay Ann has been a bit sicker with this pregnancy than previous ones? That led to a pretty exciting experience for all of us on Wednesday night. Louisa Lou (my baby sister) took out her endowment at the temple on Wednesday, which is a huge deal, so as many of us as could gather were at the temple that night. I was without my husband as he had a test on Thursday night, but Megan and Jared and Wyatt and Lindsay Ann and the parents, and me, were all there. Plus Sterling and his assorted people, of course. (Sterling is the really sweet guy who is marrying Lindsay in a couple of weeks.)

So, if you're all still following, we all met in the temple chapel at 6:45ish and went into the 7:20 session. Wyatt and Lindsay Ann were asked to be the witness couple. For those of you who think I'm speaking a foreign language, during a temple session you mostly just sit. Every once in awhile you stand, but you mostly sit. Unless you're the witness couple. Then you kneel at an altar periodically for short periods of time. So Wyatt and Lindsay Ann stood up and went and kneeled at the altar and a short time later I hear Mom whisper, loudly, to Megan, "Megan, Megan." I looked over because it wasn't a very reverent whisper, and then Mom said, "Megan, Lindsay Ann is passing out."

Megan and I both focused on Lindsay Ann at the front of the room and saw her swaying back and forth in an odd manner, and then boom, she fell backwards. Good thing she was already kneeling and good thing Wyatt had his hand on her back because he grabbed her around the waist and laid her down gently.

By then time I had registered what had happened Megan was already out of the row of chairs and up at the front with her arm around Lindsay Ann. Megan is amazing. So Wyatt and Megan lifted Lindsay Ann up and helped her into a chair where Megan kept telling Lindsay Ann to breathe. One of the temple workers brought Lindsay Ann a drink and everyone else waited patiently for the session to proceed. If you're ever in need of anything, and trust me on this, find an LDS temple. The people who work there (they don't get paid) are the sweetest people on the planet.

I enjoyed the whole passing out escapade for two reasons. 1) Wyatt looked like a hero/devoted husband as he swooped Lindsay Ann up his arm and laid her gently down and then stuck by her knee for the next ten minutes with all kinds of concern all over his face. Plus, every time Lindsay Ann wiggled after that, Wyatt was half out of his seat to catch her if need be. If was never needed, but it was sweet.

2) I got to watch Megan turn into Nurse Megan. It's not an entirely different person, but it is definitely Megan at her best. She shines in a crisis. Unlike her husband who said he felt woozy just watching Lindsay Ann. Ha ha. There are those of us not designed to handle medical crises and then there is Megan. She really is a hero.

So because of some awesome in laws and hubbies, I survived the first fainting experience of my life. It was funny how many people came up to me after and told me that they had the same thing happen to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment