We had tried "thumb" the paint stuff that you put on her thumb, but she just sucks that right off. She was in the tub and shaved her thumb, and stopped with the sucking until her thumb healed. We should have stopped her before she started again, but we clearly weren't thinking.
We have talked to Hailey about her thumb sucking habit and reminded her to stop sucking. Every time she has her thumb in her mouth we tell her to get it out. She just needs a reminder every time it gets in her mouth.
Does anyone have an suggestions? Or ideas? We are open to ANYTHING!! Thanks so much!
I hated that stuff that my parents used to paint on my thumb! Yup, I sucked it right off too, or I would lock myself in the bathroom and scrub my hand until I got it off enough to suck off the rest! Nasty! I was bribed up and down, by numerous people. With lots of money. But I just eventually had to grow out of it. I think if it had been messing up my teeth, my parents would have been more worried about it. But since it never caused a problem with my teeth, they just let it happen.
ReplyDeleteThis is a hard one! I always sucked it when I was tired, and my teachers at school used to notice I would do it when we watched movies or something like that. I wish I had more ideas! I have a feeling I'm going to be in the same boat when I have kids. I will definitely be taking notes of any advice that is given to you...so I can keep it in mind for when I need it!
Buy that yucky tasting stuff they use to get kids to stop biting their fingernails. I used that on Danica's soother to get her to stop sucking on those and it worked.
ReplyDelete